The Smith's

The Smith's

September 14, 2011

Light Reading

Tonight, I took a bath. Sounds simple enough, but considering I haven't done so in months, it was pretty darn spectacular! Don't get me wrong, I bathe on a daily basis, but what I don't do is soak in the tub, grab a book, and enjoy the peace and quiet. With Dustin working late, the kids asleep, and the house quiet as can be, I took the opportunity to catch up on a little light reading. Wonderful doesn't even begin to describe how I felt tonight!

The things I used to take for granted are now luxuries seemingly of the past. Great jeans, a hot bath, a silent car ride or nights out with friends-I never realized how much I missed those things until they became slim to none. In the midst of letting the things I cherished go, I let other things slip by the wayside as well.

Recently I've decided to embark on a new journey. Sort of a "look ahead-get hot and sexy, ditch the past-don't look back " plan. Instead of setting large, unrealistic goals I have no real intentions of meeting, I have made an improved list of small, realistic goals I have every intention of reaching, and hopefully surpassing.

Starting this week, the little changes I have made have really brought up my whole overall confidence level. Who ever thought applying a touch of makeup or packing up old clothes to make room for new ones would feel so amazing? I love the way these little milestones are already paving the way to greater things, and I can't stop now! High heels, self esteem, and Sephora, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! :) Change is always good and just remember, it's ok to set your goals high but not too high you set yourself up to fail from the beginning...set goals more like a step ladder, once you reach one level you have another goal to achieve after that, etc!

    YEAH for bath time! :)

    ReplyDelete