The Smith's

The Smith's

November 09, 2009

Recipe for Love

Ingredients:


2 hearts, full of love
2 heaping cups of kindness
2 armfulls of gentleness
2 cups of friendship
2 cups of joy
2 big hearts, full of forgiveness
2 minds full of tenderness
1 lifetime together


Method:
Stir daily with happiness, humor, and patience.
Serve with warmth, compassion, respect and loyalty.



What I do not have, I can borrow from him; what he does not have, I will gladly share. There comes a point in your life when you really just have to stop pinching yourself and believe in your heart things are not too good to be true. When I was younger and dreamed of having these things, this life; it was only a dream, now my dream has become a reality and I still question how this happened to me.

There will never be words just right to thank my husband for all he has done for me. He has helped me create a family so beautiful, given me a house and helped me turn it into a home, and the respect he has shown me from day one is priceless. We have made decisions, some easy, some hard. Moving away, leaving our family and friends was hard, but making our own life here was harder. Ups and downs are part of any relationship, ours no exception, but I like to think he makes it easy to get through.
When he asks my why I love him, I find myself speechless. The list is endless, and near impossible to create. The laughter we share is healing to the soul; the tears are bonding. Hearing his voice first thing in the morning is what gets me through the day, a single smile could last me a lifetime. A gentle touch still makes my heart beat fast, and one kiss can melt me into a puddle. He has understanding and faith in me I didn't know was possible, compassion you only see in movies, and love for me I never knew could exist. Marrying my best friend was the best decision I ever made, I hope he feels the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment