The Smith's

The Smith's

August 18, 2012

Handsome

My son and I have a nightly routine, and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Each night, I tuck the girls in bed and kiss them goodnight, bidding them adieu with promises of hugs and kisses first thing in the morning. After I turn off the light and close their door, I chase my little man to the living room. We laugh and tumble on the couch together and I know it's coming. He's going to ask for it.

FERB!

He's so handsome, I have a hard time saying no. We turn on Phineas and Ferb, and cuddle on the couch. Well, I like to think we're cuddling. Honestly, it's more like him elbowing me in the face or kicking me to shake me off, I'm sure he's had enough kisses by now to last a lifetime, but I'm not convinced of that just yet.

A few nights ago, Dustin left his "Cubs" hat sitting out on the counter, and my little man found it. By the time I made it to the living room, this is what I found:






After this mini photo shoot where all but refused to look at the camera, we headed to the couch to watch some Ferb before bed, and he let me snap a few more:





Oh he just melts my heart. He thought it would be a fine time for some self portraits:






Mommy thought it was perfect time for a little snuggles! I just love him.


Hugs, kisses, and a few more times of hearing him say "I love you" and he was off to dreamland.


1 comment:

  1. MELT MY HEART! I really think Moms have a special bond with their boys...LOVE you guys get this routine every night!

    P.S. He is very handsome!

    ReplyDelete