The Smith's

The Smith's

September 06, 2015

June 2015

School ended for us the third week of May, and the adventures began! We decided to go to 25 places this summer, since we didn't take a family vacation this year. I won't bore you with photos from each one, just rest assured we did make it to 25. I was sure we would run out of time, but we succeeded!

June also brought us "National Donut Day"! Who doesn't love a free donut? 

Free donuts!

These girls. They're too cute!
June was the beginning of the long stretch of visitors as well. My friend, Melissa ("Bitch"), came in for a week! I had such a great time seeing her! We celebrated her presence with nothing other than tacos and tequila! Margaritas and tacos for the win! I'm so glad she chose to spend part of her vacation with me. 

"Bitch"

Yes, it was yummy.
While Melissa was here, she splurged and got herself a tattoo! While she was under the needle, the kids and I tried a new coffee shop. "Bergies" was a neat little place, the outdoor scenery was beautiful. The coffee wasn't as delicious as I hoped, but I would try it again.  

"Bergies"
 Here's a cute photo of Kenadi. Why? Simply because I can. This little girl puts a smile on my face every day. 

Occasionally, the kids convince me to make pierogi. It's a labor of love and it's hell on my back, but they love it when I make them. This time, they even helped! I may grumble through the whole process, but it's something I grew up watching my mom doing, and I'm grateful to be able to share it with my own kids. 
Pierogi making party!

They're beautiful, I know.
June brought a plethora of hot days and swimming galore. Cookouts and friends. Adventures and ice cream trucks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment