The Smith's

The Smith's

May 25, 2015

May 2015

May is flying by! It seems like every day brings a new adventure!

Soccer has finally ended for all three kids! The last set of games were rained out (bizarre for AZ, I know), so they were finished the following week. Laila, Kenadi, and Dustin have all received their trophies and are looking forward to their next season already! Instead of taking individual photos this year I opted to have one photo of the three kids done together. I have one to frame and a few for family. It turned out better than I could have ever hoped for! It was a long season of practices five nights a week and games nearly every Saturday, but I'm super proud of how well the kids did! We made it!

Spring Soccer, 2015
School is also over for the summer! The day before school was released I attended an award assembly for Laila. She has worked very hard to keep her grades up and it shows! She received an award for the Principals List (all A's, all semester) and she also received the President's Education Award! How phenomenal! She couldn't believe it was actually signed by the President of the United States! Starting in 4th grade the award is available. She said only a few kids in the entire school received them, and she was surprised to hear her name called. I don't base her achievements on letter grades, I tell her as long as she does her best, I'm happy. She sure is a smart cookie!

Principals List! All A's!

President's Award!
We usually celebrate the end of the week with "Sonic Friday", I drive the kids over there for Happy Hour, half price drinks! It's just a fun way to let off the stress of the week and prepare for the weekend. School let out on a Thursday, so I knew I had to do something special! Starbucks it was! My kids are coffee junkies (decaf, of course!) like their momma, so it was only fitting to celebrate the end of a great year by spoiling them with a special treat.

Starbucks for the girls!
School and soccer are over? You know what that means! Time to stock the kitchen! The kids are growing like weeds and it's hard to keep up! My regular shopping store has become Sam's Club! I buy as much as I can there in bulk to save on the cost, and the kids went with me this time to help!

Take a look at that shopping list!

My super shoppers!
Stay tuned for the "25 Adventures" we're doing this summer, #smithfamilyfun if you're on Facebook! I've planned 25 different things for us to do in the valley this summer to that we've never done before! I promise to spare you a thousand photos and just do one photo collage per event. May, June, and July is ours for the taking!

No comments:

Post a Comment