The Smith's

The Smith's

May 11, 2015

Family Visits and October Recap: 2014

October was a month of family. It was a whirlwind of laughter and love.

After my amazing Mexico trip, we got back to the daily grind of school and life.

Halloween crept upon us quickly, and the kids had a great time carving pumpkins. The girls each made their own real "Jack O'lantern"!

Laila!

Kenadi!

The kids had a great time trick-or-treating at their school, and again at night around the neighborhoods. My dad was visiting and passed out candy, so I was able to take them from house to house. It was a blast!

Frankie Stein

Tangled

Hulk! Smash!

My crew!
We had quite a load by the time we were done trick-or-treating. The kids each picked a small bowl of candy they wanted to keep and the "Switch Witch" stopped by to take away all their candy!
Post Trick-or-Treat madness!
Thank you, Switch Witch!
My dad stayed for a week. Whew. That's always stressful on me. However, this time, we had another visitor! My brother, Mark, came in from California. To have my dad and brother here was amazing. I miss them both terribly, I miss home. We had a great time celebrating Dustin's birthday and dinner together, and just soaking up each other's love.

Father and Son
I love this photo.

Picking cotton!

D's birthday dinner!

D's birthday dinner family photo!

Post dinner drinks!

My loves.

Me and my daddy.

I'm so grateful for the relationship I have with them. No matter how many miles apart we are, a phone call can bring us close again, even just for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment