The Smith's

The Smith's

May 11, 2015

January Recap: 2015

As we said "Sayonara" to 2014, we looked forward to 2015 with high hopes. A new year, and new experiences to be had!

The first day of the new year was amazing. We drove as a family to visit my best friend, Nessa, in Henderson, NV. Dustin had a few days off so we loaded up the car and to Vegas we went!

Snow!!

Kingman, AZ

Can you tell they're excited?

My handsome hubby.

The Bellagio

Waiting on the fountains!

Besties. 
After an entirely too short trip, we headed home. I had an amazing time watching our kids spend time together. We live so far away, it's the little day-to-day things that I miss.

Back to the daily grind as the kids started back to school and Dustin back to work. Meanwhile...this happened:

Glasses?!
Yep. Both girls got glasses this year, and for the same issue, just opposite. Laila was getting headaches and feeling carsick, so her glasses help her to focus up close when she's been looking far like out her car window or at the school board. Kenadi was having trouble copying things off the board, so her glasses help her focus further away when she's been looking down at her paper and back at the board again.

Aren't they just charming?

January was an exceptionally exciting month for me, as well.

I MET MY CELEBRITY CRUSH! Dustin and I went to the Direct TV/HGTV Superbowl preshow concert and quite literally stumbled across Zac Brown. Although he denied any photos, we were able to chat with him for a few minutes. Ok, I just stood there drooling, Dustin did all the talking! The concert to follow was great, as usual, and we look forward to seeing them again in October of this year.

I just met Zac Brown!

Oh. My. Gosh.
Dreamy doesn't even cover it!
We had an amazing time at the show, the tickets were a Christmas gift from Dustin.

No comments:

Post a Comment