The Smith's

The Smith's

May 12, 2015

March Recap: 2015

March was yet another crazy month. We sure do keep busy around here in the Smith house!

This month starts soccer season for not one, not two, but all three kids! This is Laila's fourth season, Kenadi's second, and Dustin's first. Here's to hoping I maintain my sanity with practice 5 nights a week!

My son has officially started speech therapy! He goes every Monday from 8:30-9:00 am. He will only get about 9 sessions before school lets out, but he will resume again when school starts in the fall. Did I mention he'll be in KINDERGARTEN in August? I can hardly wrap my mind around how fast he's growing.

First day of "school"
An amazing friend of mine sent me a little care package. She sure knows the way to my heart! Chai tea, dried strawberries, and chocolate? What more could a girl want?

Thank you, my beautiful friend!
An old friend from High School's mom and I have kept in touch over the years and she was visiting AZ with her husband. She sent me a message to let me know and I was able to meet up with her for the afternoon! We had a great time shopping and talking, and ended our time with some delicious lunch and drinks! I'm glad after all this time she still thinks of me!

Me and Stephanie (Matt's Mom)
Whole Foods has an awesome kids club I signed my kids up for. Every couple of months they do an activity and March was an outdoor event! There were all sorts of things to see and do, and it was all completely free! (Thank goodness, that store gets half my paycheck every month anyway!)

Checking out the crocodile!

Face Painting!

Face Painting!

Chandler Fire Department!
Laila's class field trip was to the Pueblo Grande Museum in Phoenix. I was lucky enough to be able to go with her class. They did an archaeological dig and we toured the grounds. They had a few exhibits and replicas there, and it was extremely hot!

Laila was digging!

Laila and her posse! 

Laila and her friends.
March also brings with it the hot weather I've been talking about! And you know what comes with hot weather? The ice cream truck!! We have a really creepy van that drives through our neighborhood, but the guy is usually pretty well stocked and very friendly. We're the first section he rolls through so the kids get their pick.

Low blood sugar = Ice cream treat!

Bratz!

Despicable Me!
The Renaissance Fair was here and I was able to finally take the kids! We had all sorts of fun visiting the different vendors and sampling all sorts of things. I bought some soap and tea and threw a tomahawk! The kids tried an archery gun and Laila played a didgeridoo!

Laila playing the didgeridoo!

Tea! From the crunchiest hippies ever!
I'm so glad to be able to take the kids and experience these things with the kids. We're always on the go and I wouldn't have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. That tea is super hippie, and so darn delicious!
    Love, love, love the ren fair

    ReplyDelete