The Smith's

The Smith's

May 12, 2015

April Recap: 2015

Just when I thought things couldn't get any more hectic, April rolled on in with a fury! Between soccer practice 5 nights a week and 3 Saturday games, this momma is wiped out!

The kids have done exceptionally well with soccer this season. They've been such troopers sitting through each others' practices and games!

Go Team Lightning!

Go Team Firehawks!

Go Team Lions!
Laila had her quarterly endocrinology appointment and things are still going fine. It's hard to believe that in September she will have had diabetes for 5 years! Anyway...at Laila's appointment, Dustin taught Kenadi to tie her shoes. It literally took one try and she had it!

Way to go, BooBoo!
April brought with it some seriously warm weather! The kids took their first swim of the season and loved it. I stayed on the side the whole time and still haven't taken a dip in the pool yet. Nothing more than my feet have been in. These pics were taken at my friend's house, her pool has a built in jacuzzi. Fancy!

Laila!

Kenadi!

Dustin!
Last fall when Jenn and I saw the Counting Crows (a dream come true, that was!), a band we've never heard of opened up for them. "Daniel and the Lion" played a few songs and after their performance, met in the lobby. Jenn and I each bought their cd and chatted with a couple of the band members, Jimmie and Makayla. They both autographed our cd's and promised to return to Phoenix one day.

As promised, they came back! As soon as we saw the tour date listed, we bought our tickets! They performed a few new songs and a few songs off their album, Death Head. After the performance they met with the fans and chatted a bit. I bought copies of their other cd's, all EP's and only 4 songs each. They have been rotating through my car cd player all month. Love it!

Jenn and I were able to chat with each of the band members and they all signed one of my cd's. Everyone's really great and personable, and so humble. Here are a few photos from our night out:

Daniel and the Lion

Jimmie!

Daniel (he's the only one who doesn't sing)

The band, minus Daniel. Bizarre, right?
April brought with it another accomplishment. I completed my very first 5k! I didn't train to run, but I did run about a third of the race. The rest I walked with my friend Billie Sue. We had a great time in the bubbles and even though they made the ground a little slick we made it out alive!

My goal by the end of 2015 is to be able to run an entire 5k without stopping. I have a ways to go but I'm working on it!

My first 5k!

That's me, and Billie Sue!

Goodbye, April! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment