The Smith's

The Smith's

May 12, 2015

Girls Weekend!

I felt like I was truly losing my mind. My stress level was off the charts and I felt like I was suffocating. Drowning. Losing myself. I needed a break and didn't know what to do, so I text the one person who I knew would understand, from experience, the life of a mother. The sinking feeling of not being appreciated, unnoticed, of the relentlessness of being tired.

Nessa. My best friend in Nevada. She was feeling the same way, I just knew she'd get it. We take turns visiting each other, it's not much more than a 4-5 hour drive between us. Our last visit was spent together as 2 families, something we've never done. It was a great time, but neither of us got a break-which was the sole purpose of our weekend getaway.

I sent Nessa a message and explained just how desperately I needed to get away. We quickly agreed an outing was in order. She needed a break, and why should one of us miss out? Flagstaff, here we come!

We met up on a Friday evening and the rest is history. We laughed until we cried. We made memories I'll never forget. We shopped, ate, drank, relaxed and explored. We talked, laughed, cried, and made memories. I left that weekend in a puddle of tears knowing it'll be months before I see her again. No amount of time spent together will ever be long enough.

Below are a few of my favorite snapshots from the weekend. I took over 50 photos! Flagstaff was beautiful but my company was what made the trip phenomenal.

We made it! Let the fun begin!

Snuggling. Laughing. Friends.

Bottle 2? 3?

Bottle 4. It was for sure bottle 4.

Did we really drink all that?

The view was breathtaking. 

The little things. Like a coffee with your bestie.

Love. This. Chick.

Soap!

Soap!

She brings out the best in me!

Breakfast!

Best. Crepe. Ever.

Wine tasting!

Wine tasting!

Mmm...Moscato.

We went crazy in the candy store!
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment