The Smith's

The Smith's

September 13, 2009

This is home.

Home is where your story begins, and I believe our story has truly started here. We have come to a point in our relationship, in our lives as a couple and as a family, when I think we have all realized this is home. I have come leaps and bounds from where I was just a year ago, and it's so rewarding. I have people I can call my friend, I have places to go, things to do, and it's liberating. I see friendships growing not only for myself, but for my children, and for that, I am proud.

Home is where the heart is, and each night, I rest my heart here. I can go to sleep each night knowing I have done all I can to provide the best I can for my family, to make them as happy, healthy, and safe as a mother can. We have come a long way as a couple, starting out in a tiny apartment we could barely afford, to now owning our own home and having 2 beautiful children who love us unconditionally. I believe we have not just grown as individuals, but as a whole.

There's no place like home. Try as I might, I will never forget the smells of the fresh leaves, the taste of the lake breeze, or the sounds of children giggling while the are picking apples and sneaking a big bite, but these are only memories. Michigan, you will be missed.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

1 comment: