The Smith's

The Smith's

December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve!

I wanted to make sure I carved out time to blog today, even if it takes me a few tries to finish it. I have been doing so many photo challenges and what not, I haven't taken much time for me to write about what I want-my feelings, ideas, opinions, and whatnot.

I went back this morning and looked at my post from this same day last year, and it made me chuckle to myself. New Year's Eve is always considered such an important day, it's the time reserved for saying goodbye to the old, and hello to the new, closing doors and opening new ones, allowing-and even bringing-change into your life. I'm happy to report this year, I've hopped on that bandwagon.

Last year, my resolution was to be more decisive. I'd like to think I've done just that. Though it may take me longer to make decisions than most, I know that I have taken my time and weighed the options. My biggest decision in 2011 was to open my own at-home business- "Sweet Eats" by Joli It was a terrifying moment, I invested a lot of myself, my finances, my time and energy into it, and I feel as though it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Even if I never leave the comforts of my own home, if I have made one person satisfied with the treats I made, that makes me feel on top of the world.

This year, I've decided to be a little more bold with my resolutions, though I prefer to say it's more of a "to-do" list than a resolution list. Some of the items are a one-time event, others are a lifestyle change, either way, they're things that need to get done and I'm tired of slacking. I think tomorrow I will try to make a more official list, which isn't permanent, but definitely a guideline for success.

Tomorrow is a new day, and new days bring new beginnings! Here's to a great 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment