The Smith's

The Smith's

June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday was Father's Day. Thanks to my poor planning skills, Dustin's gift is on the truck for delivery.

Today.

A day late.

Normally, I'm at the top of my game. I usually purchase something fabulous, wrap it and have hand-made cards from the kids waiting for him, complete with a breakfast fit for a king. I managed to nail the breakfast, but the gift, not so much.

Hopefully it arrives today and he loves it.

Since I felt like such a crappy wife, I did my best to make it up to him. We got dressed and headed into town. The kids and I decided lunch at one of daddy's favorite restaurants would do just the trick. We dined on sushi at Kona Grill. To our surprise, it was happy hour all day! We ordered enough food for an army and every last bit of it was delicious. We spent the rest of the afternoon laughing and shopping, picking up a few last things for our upcoming trip.

After a long afternoon out, we came home and I made Dustin's favorite dinner.

Lasagna.

Everyone else in our house hates it. I hope he enjoys having the entire pan to himself! Good thing it freezes well!

I found time to call my dad late in the evening and the kids all took turns wishing him a wonderful day.

My kids are so blessed to have such a wonderful father in their lives every day. Dustin may not be the perfect man, but he's perfect for them. He's living, breathing proof that there are good men out there. He works hard for us, and stops at nothing to insure we have everything we need all of the time. He's constantly reaching for the next best thing, and bettering himself in the process.

Until next time. All my love.

1 comment:

  1. Next time I make lasagna I'll send it your way for Dustin. I always make too much but it's so good!

    ReplyDelete