The Smith's

The Smith's

April 07, 2012

Keg Hunting

Each year the on Good Friday, a local radio station places empty beer kegs all throughout the valley, each with a number attached. The hunt starts early, 6:00am, and the clues are slowly posted on the website to give you an idea of where to look.

Luck (or maybe unlucky) for us, we live at the very south end of the valley, so there were only 3 kegs placed in our area. The city is rather small, so to get from one end to the other literally takes just minutes, making it exciting to hunt for these kegs!


Josie and I headed out at 5:30am for gas, coffee, and a donut! I couldn't believe I was really up that early, I was so grouchy I doubt I said 2 words to Josie until I had chugged half my cup of coffee! She was very understanding, considering I was cheauffering her around looking for a beer keg!

I wish I had better news, but we didn't find one. We missed the first one completely, and the second one we missed by just a couple of cars! Bummer! The last one was such a fluke, we should have had it! Long story short, we looked under the wrong horse's ass!

Next year, year 6, is going to be it! We'll divide and conquer if we have to, but I had much more fun going together! Bring it on, 97.9, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment