The Smith's

The Smith's

August 09, 2010

Thank You!

I have some of the most amazing family and friends, and I want to make sure they all know how appreciated they really are. Having a baby is obviously a big event, stressful and exciting, and with great support it has been a breeze!

My husband is the best support I could ever ask for, but a husband can only do so much. It was really fabulous to have someone else in the delivery room with me, a woman, a friend, a sister. I have struggled for a long time to let people in my life, and to have finally found someone I trust means a lot to me. I never question her motives or the fact that she's genuine. She has done so much for me, and I know it's because she wants to, not because she has to. It's good to have a real, true friend. It's been years.

The mom's group has turned out to be more than I could have imagined. Not only have my children made friends, so have I. I never expected to be so cared for and so loved, it's a great feeling. Mariela had arranged for an entire week's worth of meals to be delivered to our home, hot and fresh, right at dinner time. How amazing to be able to spend time with my family and not have to stress about cooking and straining to get things together. It has allowed Dustin to spend time with us and not have to cook, and we all have been able to sit down and eat as a family. Everything prepared was so delicious, we have not a single leftover in the house! I have even felt so great I was able to take the kids to a playdate, everyone's support has been just amazing. A simple "Thank You" is never going to be enough to let everyone know how appreciated they are, but we are very grateful to everyone.

Here's a photo collage of a few friends and our newest addition.


1 comment:

  1. Joli, honestly I can't tell you how HAPPY and comforted I am to hear how wonderful your Mom's group has been for you! I REALLY wish I could be there to help you or even just bring you a meal and to know that you aren't alone really makes me happy for you!

    I AM always here if you need someone to talk to or at or text. LOVE YA GIRL! You are such a trooper and am I really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete