The Smith's

The Smith's

October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dustin!

Today is my husband's 30th birthday! This marks the 6th birthday we have spent together, and I can remember every one! We have been fortunat enough to have been able to celebrate every birthday with something special, from Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets to a weekend getaway in Rockford, IL. Today, Dustin had to work.

What a bummer he had to be gone on his birthday! I wanted to make sure the day was still special, so I made a few calls and set up a surprise for him at work. He is working on a new project at work, so he wasn't on his normal floor, so I was able to sneak upstairs and set up without him having a clue! This morning I baked mini cheesecakes and topped them with whip cream and a cherry on each one. I also made some rice crispy treat ghosts to go with them. I brought all 3 kids up to the police department and let the girls help with the finishing touches. I even lit candles, 3, one for each 10 years! One of the girls called downstairs and told Dustin there was an emergency and he needed to come help out right away, what a great cover!

He came in and saw us and couldn't believe we surprised him like we did. What an awesome time we had!

I hope he knows with every year that passes I love him more and more. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him, growing older hand in hand.

1 comment: