The Smith's

The Smith's

October 03, 2010

McDonalds

Tonight, I decided I was too tired and lazy to cook anything, so I treated the girls to McDonalds. What a surprise it was to Laila, it's been a long time since I've given in and let her have chicken nuggets and fries! We all loaded into the car and went through the drive through, no need to go inside, the food doesn't taste any different at home.

As I was driving, Laila asked for a french fry. I had to giggle, I remember being a child and asking for a fry from the back seat. I used to smell the salty fries as soon as they made it through the window, and there was no chance in making it the whole 5 minute drive home without one. I opened the window a bit, smelled the fall air (the cow poo), and turned off the radio. I listened to my children laugh over french fries in the back seat, took a deep breath of Maricopa's finest, and smiled to myself. What it would be like to be a child again! Giving into temptation, I reached in the bag and snagged a hot, crispy fry for myself. Soon, I was laughing with the girls, feeling settled and comfortable in my roll as a mom, and a kid again, too.

2 comments:

  1. I love it, it really is moments like that that make it all worth it <3

    ReplyDelete