The Smith's

The Smith's

June 01, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Kenadi's first day of "preschool". Technically, she's enrolled in a summer program, but it's ran by the same woman who teaches preschool in the fall. Laila attended two years ago, and Ms. Jen has been waiting all this time to have Kenadi fianlly in her class.

I can hardly believe my eyes, when I see my beautiful daughter growing up so quickly, I wish I could stop time. I swore to myself the second time would be easier. I've been through this before, the mold has been broken, it wouldn't be so difficult. Boy, was I wrong! I was crying before I even shut the door to leave; I was proud and happy, also heartbroken and sad. We've been preparing for this day for a few months, Kenadi couldn't have been more excited, it's me that's having trouble coming to grips with her being away, and someone else teaching her the things I can't.

On our way- ready for the big day!

Showing off her very first craft!

So super proud!
I'm so impressed with Kenadi, every day is a learning experience with her. Her personality is so different from Laila's, I constantly struggle to figure her out. We have such a bond, it's amazing. The best part about yesterday was walking through the door and hearing her scream, "Mommy! I missed you!" I was only gone 3 hours, but it felt like a lifetime for the both of us. I hope this is the perfect beginning of the wonderful lifetime she has ahead of her.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I guess that's one "emotional" hurdle I'll never have to go over with Jerimiah doing preschool at daycare...but one I think that would help prepare me for kindergarten which I CANNOT believe is only a year away!

    ReplyDelete