The Smith's

The Smith's

June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there! My dad is visiting some of my brothers and sisters in Chicago, but Dustin is here and had the day off, so we spent the day together as a family. The girls were so excited to give him the gifts we picked out I thought they were going to drag him out of bed! Yesterday I scheduled an appointment with Portrait Innovations to get some quick pictures taken of the kids. Normally, I would much rather have Wendy take them, and I prefer a real scenic background, but I needed them printed that day, and cheap. The wait was ridiculous, there were kids screaming and crying everywhere, it was a total mess. I did end up getting a few good pictures out of the deal, and Dustin was really excited to see them framed when he got up this morning. Here are my favorites:









Obviously, I didn't order them all. I thought the last one (blooper!) was hilarious and was glad when it came on the cd. I did purchase a few though, and I'm happy with what I have. I have plenty to pass around, too, so if you're wanting a pic or two, let me know!

We also picked daddy up a shirt , and he loves it! I'm so fortunate to have a husband like Dustin, he's so easy to buy for! He loves clothes, tools, pictures, whatever. This morning I also brought out the coffee mug I had made for him with pictures of the kids on it. He is so excited to have a new one now that we have 3 kids. It's adorable, and thankfully durable. He loves to have his morning coffee and see pictures of our sweeties!

Lastly, this morning I ran to the store for a few things, and grabbed the finishing touches-doughnuts and coffee! I stopped at Starbucks and got his favorite drink and enough doughnuts for the kids too, it was a great morning, and even better day. I'm so fortunate to have him in my life, he's such a great husband and father.

Because we got married on Father's Day, our anniversary and Father's day are usually a day or two apart, so I tend to spoil Dustin on just one day, not both! We are loving our life together and our happy little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment