The Smith's

The Smith's

January 29, 2010

Bueller?

Today has been one of those days, you know the kind, where you think someone stretched the tunnel out another thousand feet and there is no light in sight...the kind of day when you think you might have finally made it over the highest hurdle, and once you get to the other side, you see one twice the size of the one you just accomplished...the kind of day where you feel like you can't win for losing.

I am an emotional wreck. I have nothing left of myself to give, yet I find people keep needing, and have no problem asking. How do I ever say no? I can't, so I find another direction to stretch myself, another piece of me to give. One day, I think I may just self combust, or finally crack under the pressure.

I have nothing else to say, really, except that I'm not sure I'm cut out for this life I have made for myself. I don't know how, day after day, I continue to do it. Maybe out there in cyberspace there is an answer.

Someone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

1 comment:

  1. Joli...YOU'RE AMAZING! Don't ever stop fighting the good fight. How do you keep on keeping on? Because you can. And you're great at what you do. A good wife, a good mom, a good person. And if there is one thing I know, is that good people get what they got coming. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow, but some day, you'll get yours. And I say that in a good way. Isn't it worth it to keep on, knowing that tomorrow will be the day? I know it's enough to keep me going. The first thing you need to know, though, is that you are worth it. And you are. At the end of the day, if you have made someone smile, or feel good about themselves, you should know you are doing God's work, and He notices. Let that give you the strength you need. I love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete