The Smith's

The Smith's

January 17, 2010

It's Never Too Late

After watching "Julie & Julia" last night, I was inspired to push forward with my New Year's resolution. At the risk of sounding like a copy-cat, a fake, or a even a loser with nothing better to do, I have decided better late than never. My new year's resolution is to try one new recipe each week. I don't have the time, money, or energy to cook my way through an entire cookbook, and to try multiple recipes each day, so I think this is a good fit for me, and for my family.

Today marks the end of the first trimester of this pregnancy, or the beginning of the second. Only halfway through January, I haven't lost much time! I have compiled a list of 24 recipes to get me started, and almost through the rest of this pregnancy. All the recipes are affordable, and take no more than 30 minutes to prepare. I must admit, I'm rather excited! I have picked a variety of appetizers, dinners, and desserts. I can hardly wait to get started! I am going to try and cook my new recipe on the same day each week, and as long as my stomach and energy holds out, I'm going to try to blog about it! I hope what few readers I have enjoy the new adventure I am taking, and I really hope it's not too boring!

On an even happier note, tomorrow is another doctor appointment! We finally get to hear the baby's heartbeat! I am officially 13 weeks, and in case you were wondering, the morning sickness has yet to subside. I have high hopes things will get better, and I can hardly wait to meet our new addition.

Other than that, things haven't changed much. We are still adjusting to Dustin's 12 hour days at work, but the extra time off has taken us no adjusting! We love it. Football keeps him busy when he's home, well, watching it anyway. The girls are growing like weeds, and apparently so is my waistline!

As our life changes, grows, and is seemingly impossible at times, I know that we have each other, and on the worst of days, it's always enough to get by.

1 comment:

  1. You can sooooo do this! I will be looking forward to reading and seeing what you have been cooking! Take pictures of the befores and afters...if it looks yummy enough...I will try it too!!! xoxoxo Brandi-Lyn

    ReplyDelete