The Smith's

The Smith's

January 31, 2010

Recipes

So, I may be a day late, but not a dollar short. I have been extremely sick, but I have done what I said I would do, and I have tried at least one new recipe a week. I just haven't blogged about them...

The first recipe I tried, I sent to work with Dustin for dinner. It was a pork chop with orange glaze, made from fresh oranges. Sounds delish, right? He said it was one of the most awful things he's ever eaten. I felt so terrible, I crumpled up the magazine page and tossed it right into the trash. That's one mistake -I mean, recpie- I'll never make again!

Today, I tried "Cashew Cookies". The peanut gallery (obviously, Dustin and Laila) gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 5. In the process of making them, I learned a few things about myself. Now, it's nothing astounding, but at least worth sharing.

1) I think cashews are nasty, and they taste and smell, to me, like bad fish. Therefor, I did not taste the finished cookie. However, if I do say so myself, the icing is divine. (No, I'm still not sure why the cashew cookie was iced, but I didn't write the recipe).

2) I absolutely love the smell of melted butter on the stovetop. So much, in fact, that I wish they made a candle with that scent. I'd love my home to smell like melted butter all the time.

3) I can set and change my microwave timer wearing an oven mitt. Yes, I'm pretty impressed myself.

So, now I have 4 dozen iced cashew cookies and a family that hardly eats sweets. Good thing there's a playdate tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Real friends don't burden friends.And if you happend to do so you say THANK YOU I appreciate your help ...It's unfortunate that some people never learn manners or refuse to use them because they feel some sort if intitlement.Friends are like husband and wifes its a give a take relationship you can just take and take and take and expect your "Friend" to still give when you give nothing in return (thank yous).Next time they ask you your answer shall be NO and at that point you will see if they were ever your friends.. Fuckerrrs :) love you long time ..

    ReplyDelete