The Smith's

The Smith's

December 29, 2010

5 months

Today, my (not so) little man is 5 months old! I can hardly believe how quickly time has flown by. It seems as though each month slips through my grasp faster than the last. Though he's not crawling on his hands and knees yet, Lil D sure seems to be getting around! He scoots in circles, and rolls like a champ! He's reaching out for things and absolutely LOVES playing with things that dangle above him.

Dustin Jr. is weighing in around 18 pounds, and he's not just chunky! He's at least 27 inches long, which makes him about the size Laila was around 8-9 months! He's sleeping fantastic, napping as I type. It breaks my heart to say this, but I have finally moved him to his room, and out of mine. For Christmas, lil man received a really nice Sony baby monitor and if I don't start using it now, it'll just sit in the box forever. After a little, (ok, a lot) of convincing that I would be able to hear him breathe with it on, I agreed to try letting him sleep in his crib. So far, so good. Not a single peep overnight, and if possible, he's sleeping longer now than he was before! His night time rituatls includ stock-piling the formula and watching his rainforest crib toy for a few minutes before falling asleep. He's the first out of the three to actually put himself to sleep, what a miracle! He's still taking one really good nap during the afternoon, usually 1-3 hours, and little cat naps throughout the day. The girls don't think he needs to sleep, so he's lucky to squeeze in a few minutes here and there while they're home.

Just the other day I decided it was time to try a sippy cup with meals, since he's eating so well. He seems to like it okay, I know he's drinking from it because the juice is disappearing and he doesn't seem to be wearing much of it! He prefers to just have a bottle, though, and I can't blame him. He's tried a variety of foods, and he's now eating half a fruit and half a vegetable each day, one for lunch and one for dinner. With each meal, he has a small bowl of cereal as well. He doesn't like the cereal, so I mix the food in with it and he can't get it fast enough! Don't let that boy's mouth get empty or you're in for a rude awakening!

Each day is a new day, filled with his smiles and laughter. He brightens my life in ways I didn't even know another person could. He seems to be the missing piece to the puzzle I thought was already complete. It's amazing the things children teach us about ourselves without even speaking.

Mommy loves you, little man.

1 comment:

  1. For cutes! I was just thinking about him this morning. Glad he's a good sleeper for you!

    ReplyDelete