The Smith's

The Smith's

February 01, 2012

Tooth Fairy!

I've been looking forward to- and dreading- this day for some time now. Laila lost her first tooth! It's been loose for weeks, months even, and it finally fell out tonight. Well, half of it anyway.

I have been begging Laila to just rip it out, it's been hanging on sideways for a while, and tonight Dustin and I both gave it a shot. Neither of us were able to get it out, and suddenly, she had it in her hand! Her mouth was bleeding pretty bad, and as we looked closer, we noticed a chunk was still stuck in place. Her tooth has broken off, but it's just a small piece still remaining. She cried, screamed, threw a tantrum, and cried some more. I scooped her up and laughed through my own tears. We made it through bath time and even celebrated with some ice cream. Her tooth is now safely tucked underneath her pillow in a ziplock baggie, complete with a "Thank-you" note to the tooth fairy! I know she's anxiously awaiting her money in exchange. Laila is such a sweet little girl, I'm so proud of her.

I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Honestly, it's the little things I think I forget about or just push to the back burner. Considering how much of my attention gets placed on her diabetes, I don't think as much about how fast she's growing right before my eyes. She is blossoming into a beautiful little woman, time hasn't stopped since her diagnosis, if anything, the time has flown by. Before I know it, she's going to be 16 and asking to borrow the car. For now, I'm going to savor every minute-every loose tooth, every single curl on her pretty little head, soak up every laugh and dry every tear.

Now, it's time to complete my very first tour as "The Tooth Fairy", stay tuned tomorrow to see what Laila finds under her pillow in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, CONGRATS Ms Laila! Proof that even with diabetes she's just a normal kid! I don't even want to think about Jerimiah loosing teeth yet! Give her hugs and tell her my congrats! She's growing up Momma!

    ReplyDelete