The Smith's

The Smith's

April 22, 2010

Living life


There is so much I have to blog about, please forgive me for not catching up sooner. I have been busy, and lazy, all at the same time. It has felt soo good to take some time "off" and just live life. Now, I get to tell you all about it...It's amazing how a few days can feel like an entire month, and sometimes a month can feel like a few days!

Last weekend I broke down and agreed to let the girls go to a sitter for the evening, I was seconds away from a nervous breakdown and the only remedy in sight was a mom's night out. I had so much fun! We went bowling! I am terrible at it, and apparently I'm not the only one! We had a blast, and followed it with drinks (I was the d.d.) and dinner at Applebees. Totally yummy, and more fun than I've had with friends in ages! We pigged out and really enjoyed the time away from our kids. I stayed out longer than expected, spent more than planned, but really enjoyed myself!

Dustin had a dentist appointment Monday, his first one in years. After seeing me freak out and being chased by a dentist into the waiting room, I think he mentally checked out and has refused to go since! He needs a root canal, and has a couple cavities, but otherwise he has great teeth! I've always told him how much I love his smile. I'm glad he has conquered his fear, I couldn't be more proud.

Dustin was so excited about the good news from his dentist visit he decided to take us all out for the day! We went out for lunch, did some shopping, and really enjoyed ourselves! I love seeing him interact with the girls, there's nothing like watching the man you love and the children you live for enjoying something so simple. Here's a prime example: Dustin and Laila munching on lemons while we were out at lunch-they even stopped to strike a pose! Thanks, you two!


Tuesday night Dustin and I had a date. Yes, you read that correctly, a REAL date! We went out to a new restaurant, Rustler's Roost. It was delicious!! The view of the city was beautiful, even though we sat with our back to the outside. The food was amazing, and totally worth the money we spent! We ordered the cowboy dinner, a minimum of 2 people have to order it. The tray came out with a half a chicken, a half a pineapple filled with slaw, 2 pieces of corn on the cob, 2 large fried shrimp, 2 steak skewers, 2 seafood skewers, a whole potato cut into wedges, an assortment of vegetables, a large salad, a bowl of bread and biscuits, and a bucket of baked beans! It was wild! I also enjoyed the cotton candy they bring with your bill. There's a real live bull out front, and a live band indoors! It was so nice! We were gone 3 hours tops, but it felt like a lifetime. Spending time alone as a couple without the kids is so rare for us, I soaked up every second I could. Heck, I'm such a nerd I even had Dustin take a picture of me with all the food!

Wednesday night Dustin and I watched "Everybody's Fine". It was one movie I don't recommend watching if your heart beats and feels any emotion. I cried from the beginning to the end, and by the last few minutes I could hardly tell what was going on I was in such emotional distress. It was a great movie, don't get me wrong, but it was sad. However, during the movie, I saw my belly move! I thought I was imagining things, the doctor said I shouldn't expect it until 28-30 weeks, but I saw it! Dustin was able to feel the baby kicking so strong his hand was bouncing on my tummy! It was great feeling him bouncing around in there, I just wish he understood that I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is without him turning be black and blue from the inside! What a little stinker!

We had a fantastic playdate on Wednesday over at Bojana's house! Everyone had a blast and the mommy time was great! Now, if Laila can just learn that life isn't just one big runway, we'll be set. She always thinks everyone is checking out her outfit and her shoes, and her hair. She's a trip, but she's not the only one! There are some really cute kids in our group! I really love everyone, some of the friendships I'm making are just phenomenal. I appreciate everyone and their contributions to the group, I couldn't do it without them!


One last thing before I go...I turned the air on last week. I think when my electric bill comes in the mail I'll see what a mistake it was, but I'm so HOT! I know it's only April, but 90+ degree temps outside mixed with my hormones make for not such a good combo. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've really come a long way Ms Joli! I am so proud of you. Look at you all having "Moms Night Out" and "Date Night!"

    ReplyDelete