The Smith's

The Smith's

April 06, 2010

Taking a Break

I spent the day with one of my best friends yesterday, and it was just the break I needed! We went to Target to start our day, and I made a killing there with my coupons! I managed to get close to $100 worth of merchandise for $40! I bought a ton of cleaning items, soaps, pillows, etc. It was fantastic! I even got 2 of the Air-Wick i-Motion air freshners for free! It was a great trip.

After Target we hit Old Navy, Sally Beauty Supply, Ross, and Sam's! In between stores we had Wendy's for lunch, there's nothing like the burn of a spicy chicken sandwich! Yum! The fries were hot, the drinks were cold, and the conversation was the best.

Dustin kept the girls home for me so I could get out and get a break, it was well overdue. I have not laughed as hard as I did yesterday, and being able to eat an entire meal without having to get up to grab something, clean up a mess, or share it was amazing. It's been a while. It's been even longer since I've had a friend to go spend the day with, and not even miss a beat. Of course, I missed my kids and my husband, but the time I had made me realize how much I've missed the freedom. My feet hurt so bad by the time I got home, but I didn't even care, it was worth it!

When I got home I saw my kids were not only in 1 piece, but Kenadi had a nap, they both were still clean, and Dustin even had a few surprises for me! The blinds were FINALLY up in the kitchen window over the sink (after over a year with none!), the living room had been rearranged, and photos from our wedding had been hung in the living room. What a dream come true!

It was an amazing day, one I'll remember for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds truly wonderful. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete