The Smith's

The Smith's

May 02, 2010

Coupons

I suppose I should start sounding a little more up-beat in these posts...so here I go.


Today I went grocery shopping with the girls and I am super proud of my savings! I was able to buy everything I normally buy, some things I don't, and still save a ton! I am not a big fan of Fry's, but it sure beats the prices at Basha's and the selection at Wal*Mart.


I have a budget for my grocery bill, as I'm sure everyone does. I'm no coupon fanatic, and I buy what I need when I need it. We have a family of 4, with 2 growing children, and Dustin works midnights, so I have to buy accordingly. It can be difficult at times, cooking a meal for him to take as dinner, when I already cook breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the girls and myself. I've noticed an increase in the food bill, but it's a lot cheaper than having Dustin buy food every night he works! Today, my budget was $150.00, now, this is my budget for 3 weeks of food for 4 people, including the extra meals for Dustin to take to work (which equals about 12 extra dinners in 3 weeks). I admit, I overspent, but with my in-store savings and coupons, I spent just under $180-my bill before savings and coupons, just under $300! That's my kind of shopping! I felt so good, I bought myself a soda pop and donated a dollar to the March of Dimes. I am also working on stocking up the neat shelves in the garage Dustin built for me, it's getting there, and it definitally helps cut down on the things I regularly buy when I stock up when the price is right!


I also went to Walgreens today to pick up some body wash and tissue, that was another phenomenal shopping experience! I purchased 2 gallons of AZ Iced Tea, 3 (60 ct.) boxes of Puffs Tissue With Lotion, 2 Old Spice Deordant, 2 Gilette Men's Body Wash, 1 Nivea Body wash, 1 tube of Crest Pro Effects toothpaste, and 1 (3pk) of Bic Soliel Disposable Razors. My total before coupons and in store savings was just under $50, after coupons and in store savings, I spent just under $18! What a deal! My total savings was $31.53! That, to me, is amazing. Dustin has so much body wash and deordant he wont have to buy any until next year, I'm sure! I do plan to go pick up a few more of those Gilette body washes though, you actually MAKE over a dollar when you buy 2, so it allows for you to purchase something else for a dollar for free, how wild is that?!


Tomorrow, my dad comes to visit for an entire week. I don't know how we're all going to stand being in this one small house together for that long, but I'm sure we'll manage. I'm looking forward to it, hormomal or not. I've planned some fun outings for us, I hope he really enjoys his visit. We have a trip planned to the Phoneix Zoo, The Arizona Science Center, and a big cookout toward the end of his trip. He'll even be here for Mother's Day, maybe I'll get to sneak away for a shower alone this week, wouldn't that be a great gift!


Stay tuned, and see you all again soon. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment