The Smith's

The Smith's

July 08, 2011

Cake Balls!

Where the heck have I been lately? I feel so out of the loop, I have no idea what's going on in the news, or with my friends even! I have been chained to the kitchen baking cake after cake, mixing frosting after frosting, and rolling out more cake balls than I can even count! Thank goodness, that means business is good!

This past week has flashed by in a whirlwind, just like the week before! The orders, I thought, had slowed down. Boy was I wrong! It seems as though as soon as one comes in, they all come in at once! I agreed to make 3 dozen cake balls for an anniversary party, 1 dozen of each of 3 flavors. What in the world am I going to do with all that cake? Make more cake balls, of course! So for 2 days I have been in the kitchen almost nonstop, but it's paying off! It's unbelievable how anxious people are to get their orders, but it's exciting and I couldn't be more excited. One of my dreams is truly unfolding before my eyes!

I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow, it's Kenadi's last week at summer dance, I have a meeting for AYUSA in Phoenix, and a birthday party to attend. All 3 overlap, which is a bummer, but I'll figure something out! I just hope the kids behave long enough to get through it all with no major meltdowns.

Last night one of my friends, Ashley, came over to watch "Remember Me". It was a good movie, and the ending really shook me up! I had no idea it was going to end like that! Having someone come over and just talk, share a few sodas and no gossip, it was so refreshing! I have just a handful of friends, and finding "kid-free" time to spend with them that doesn't cut into the few hours of daylight a week I get to spend with Dustin isn't exactly easy. Lucky for me, she is able to come at night and doesn't mind my mess of a house!

A few days ago, Dustin went to the dealership to trade in my car for a new van. He came home with a SPECTACULAR van, out of this world even! Things were great, he signed all the paperwork and thought it was a done deal. Today, the dealership called and let him know everything was approved, and to get him to the payment promised, he'd now have to put down $1650!! Are you crazy? So, the van is going back. No skin off my back, I've driven it once! It's gorgeous, and I'd love to own it, but apparently it's not in the cards right now. Things will happen when they're supposed to happen, and that is that. So, tomorrow I will get my Equinox back. Honestly, I do miss that car.

Lastly, I must ask a favor. There is a little boy in our community that went in for surgery to remove a brain tumor today. He's 4 years old and his family is very scared he will not return to his normal self after the surgery is over. If you pray, please, say a prayer for him. Keep Jeremiah, his parents, siblings, and doctors in your thoughts. In a time like this, prayer is the only answer. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry things didn't work out with the car...BUT the way you're whipping out those cake balls that car WILL be yours again :)

    ReplyDelete