The Smith's

The Smith's

July 04, 2011

Calling All Cars...

Lately, I just haven't been feeling like doing much of anything. I don't want to write, I haven't been reading before bed, I don't even want to bake. I've been in a funk and I need to get out of it, and fast! I hate feeling like this, the desire to do everything is gone. The need to get up every day, shower, get dressed, and spend time with my kids- it's not there. I don't want to wake up one day and regret spending my life wasting away on the couch while my kids laugh and play without me, but I just can't seem to get motivated.

My OCD is challenging me again. This afternoon I felt lower than low. Unlike most OCD where people touch something a certain number of times or obsessively wash their hands, I pick. And pick. And pick. And honestly, it hurts. I scratch at my skin, pick my cuticles, and pluck my hair. Most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it, and once I realize what I've started, I can't stop. In the car today I found a tiny piece of skin on my finger that needed to go, heaven forbid I leave it alone, and I ended up pulling skin off the entire side of my finger next to my nail. It was bleeding and hurt so bad, but I just couldn't stop. I asked Dustin to put a band-aid on it for me, and I felt so embarrassed as he shook his head when he saw what I had done.

Last week, with no real recognition of doing it, I scratched the back of my head until it was raw. My finger nails were covered in blood and my head was burning so badly I was in tears. I had to have Dustin brush my hair for me, I couldn't bring myself to touch it. I hate what I'm doing to myself, I hate what I am. It's uncontrollable, and frightening.

Maybe, one day, there will be a cure for this that doesn't require popping pills every day that make me so exhausted I can't move my arms or legs. I can't be this. I can't do this anymore. I have to find a solution to keep me from harming myself, but how? Someone, somewhere, please help.

Calling all cars...

1 comment:

  1. OH JOLI! I decided to catch up on your blog before catching up on blogging myself. I wish I could offer a magic solution for you! PRAYER is the only thing that comes to my mind though. PRAY for strength to overcome.

    LOVE YOU! You'll make it through each day, one foot in front of the other!

    ReplyDelete