The Smith's

The Smith's

July 24, 2011

Catching Up

I suppose this post should be about catching up on everything I've failed to blog about lately, though I'm not sure it's all that exciting. What is exciting, however, are the events coming up soon! My life has been hectic and busy as of late, and that's just how I like it! Still, it seems to be getting more action-packed by the minute.


This week I thought my orders had slowed down some, but they keep on rolling in. Thank goodness for all my loyal customers, I appreciate each and every one of them. They keep me afloat just when I think I'm sinking. I'm still positive I'm in over my head, but it's a great feeling. I had a customer call me this morning for an emergency order due by this afternoon, and it came out fabulous! She tipped me a few bucks and gave me a hug before leaving with a huge smile on her face, and that was worth all the hard work I put into it. I really hope everyone is enjoying my baking as much as I enjoy doing it.


In just under a week my son is going to be 1 year old. It's so hard to believe how quickly time has flown by. I still haven't lost the "baby weight" from his pregnancy, I rarely have time to brush my hair, and half the time I'm not sure what day it is. I traded in my Equinox for a family van, my vacation plans have been postponed another 20 years, and I constantly have someone asking me for something. Needless to say, I haven't been happier. My life is so bright because of his smile, and his laughter is contagious. He's the light I never knew was missing. He gives the sloppiest kisses and the sweetest hugs. Never did I ever dream the day would come that I would have a son, and now that he's here, I can't imagine a second going by without him.


Saturday, just one week from today, our lives are taking yet another crazy turn! Our foreign exchange student, Evelien, will be arriving in Phoenix! The next 10 months are going to be intense, and I'm looking forward to every minute. I hope she enjoys her time here, and she feels part of the family. I'm sure there will be bumps along the way, but what's a roller coaster ride without a few twists and turns?


As if one new person in Maricopa isn't enough, my friend Andrea is moving here, too! I couldn't be more excited, my face hurts from smiling just thinking about it! What a fabulous adventure this is going to be, I just hope the heat doesn't scare her away! August is the hottest month of the year and she's going to start out with some seriously high temperatures. The best part about all this: Andrea will potentially be one of Evelien's teachers! How ironic! As they say, it's a small world after all.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see if blogger will let me post a comment THIS time!

    I LOVE your positive attitude, you're such a busy girl, you EXHAUST me!!! Good luck with all the up-coming events!

    ReplyDelete