The Smith's

The Smith's

October 17, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

Fall break has just come to an end and so has our sweet little vacation to Las Vegas! Now, don't go getting your undies all in a bunch, we didn't stay on the strip, or even take the kids there-it was a family vacation, and it was better than ever expected!

The drive from here to there, it's no joke, it took us at least 6 hours each way, and that's with stopping to eat, get gas, and stretch our legs. It's a lot on the kids, and that's why we don't travel far very often. The drive is quiet, serene, and just beautiful. I took more than my fair share of pictures, but I'll only post a few...

So excited!!

On our way!

Handsome!

Nothing! And a lot of it!




New bridge over Hoover Dam!

Lake Mead
Once we arrived, the kids didn't take long to warm up to the big back yard, the abundance of toys, and the family time they've been craving! We spent the day together laughing, playing, and enjoying the warm weather.

Where did it go?

So serious. All. The. Time.

You get it, Boo Boo!

I love this one!

Relaxing for...about 3 seconds!
Friday was another beautiful day, the morning was spent outside in the sunshine! We decided to take a little drive over to the ever famous Boulevard Mall where Dustin used to work. As we were parking, we just happened to run into Pete, and one of his other friends, Julie. Sure made our visit easy! We walked around, looked at a few things, and visited in the office with a few of Dustin's old co-workers. I managed to snap a quick photo on our way out.

Feels like home!
After our trip through the mall, we decided to show Laila where we used to live. She was only 18 months when we moved away from Michigan, and she doesn't really remember living in Las Vegas. The apartment complex has repainted, but otherwise, nothing has changed. I'm not saying that's a good thing, either.

#339, the top floor, right door in the middle

Harmon, the main street we lived off of

Boulder Highway, baby!
Late, after the kids were all sleeping, Dustin and I decided to sneak out for a bit! We drove down to Fremont  Street, only to find it was packed and there was no parking to be found. We ended up at one of our least favorite places in Vegas-the strip! We managed to make the best of it, and ended up having a great time, even if he did lose $3.00! (No, that's no typo! Haha!)

Helllooooo, Vegas!

Samples!

Coping juice! 


Love. This. Picture.

This is where he lost my $3.00

Saturday was another great day, we took the kids to the park for a soccer game-which we missed-but had fun anyway. My niece, Lisa, brought her family over to my sister's house and we spent a while with them, there were 7 kids running around, the laughter was amazing! Saturday afternoon, we went to visit one my my best, and dearest friends. (That is a blog I will write another time, when I'm not so sensitive and on the verge of tears.) We had delicious food, lots of giggles, and not nearly enough time. I took plenty of photos over there of the kids, and I will post those when I write my next blog, hopefully tomorrow.

Being able to make the trip was a blessing in and of itself, and the things I learned and the relationships I nurtured while I was there are irreplaceable. I am so thankful to have been able to spend the time I did in Vegas, with my family and friends, and I hope we can visit again soon. My kids need it, and so does my heart.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! I am so glad that not only you got away for the weekend but it involved family! I know what it's like to feel all alone in a city with no family, it's nice to be able to go for a visit.

    Looks like the kids had a blast and you too got out for a bit (to make your weekend feel like a COMPLETE success I'll be sending you $3 to cope for your losses)

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete