The Smith's

The Smith's

July 11, 2010

2 Weeks

Today marks the official countdown until we finally meet our son. I am 38 weeks pregnant, and ready to explode! I have been trying to stay as active as possible, but this last week I think I've officially become a couch potato. My sciatic nerve is raging out of control, much worse than my pregnancy with Laila, and it makes it hard to walk at times. I have been popping Tylenol like candy and feeling little to no relief. I just hope my doctor has plans of getting this baby out sooner rather than later. My next appointment is on Thursday, I was hoping to have the baby by then, but that seems highly doubftul.


Dustin and I have a date planned for my birthday on Friday night, and I can hardly wait! I am going to be such an old fart, I can't believe I'm turning 26 this week. I never wanted to have kids, all through high school I complained about them constantly at restaurants, malls, even family functions, and here I am pregnant with my third one. I decided once Laila was born I wanted to have four, but living in Michigan and having Riley on a regular basis, she counted as one of the four. Laila made two, Kenadi made three, and now Dustin Jr. makes the last and final addition to our family. I wanted to be finished having kids by 25, my goal has always been to enjoy them now, and still be young enough to enjoy my marriage now and later, once they are grown. When I found out my due date is 9 days after my birthday, I laughed and I cried, my goal is so close, yet so far away. Maybe I'll have the baby early, or maybe he'll follow suit and stick around past my due date, at this rate, he'll be an August baby.

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming our way, I'm hoping for another smooth drug-free labor and delivery, and a baby weighing in less than 10 pounds! I will keep everyone posted, and pictures will be up as soon as he gets here! I am ready to finally meet my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment