The Smith's

The Smith's

July 17, 2010

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, I turned 26 years old, and I feel like an old geezer. I can barely get in and out of bed myself, I'm sore and hardly sleeping at night, and I spend most of my time on the couch praying for this baby to come!

The morning was just awful, Laila and Kenadi had their minds made up they were not going to listen to a thing I said, surprising, right? That's just par for the course, no big deal. Dustin slept in and got up around 10, I was up just after 8. I made lunch for everyone and cleaned up after I was finished. Between Dustin and I we cleaned the rest of the house and got most of the laundry finished as well.

Mariela kept the girls so we could go out to dinner, at least the 2nd half of my day went better! We went to Benihana, it was delicious! I had a coupon for a birthday dinner up to $30, so I just ordered whatever I wanted! We started off with sushi, though I can't have anything raw, I had some crab meat sticks (4), and Dustin had a full order of crab spring rolls. We ordered our dinners and the food started coming! After our sushi we had a bowl of onion soup, followed with a salad topped with ginger dressing. Our food came out and it was so good I couldn't even take a picture before diving into it. I had shrimp, lobster, scallops and vegetables, Dustin had steak, chicken and vegetables. His steak was smothered in mushrooms, he even shared some with me!
They brought out dessert last, which I didn't think I even had room to taste, but then I realized the ice cream was Haagen Daz, now, who can pass up chocolate ice cream? They brought me a neat little pineapple slice with orange, lime, and a cherry on top. Dustin and I switched, he ate the healthy fruit, I ate the yummy ice cream! It was tasty, that's for sure! After dinner, I managed to walk to the car, and off to Walmart we went. We've been looking for a pool for the back yard for a while, and the one we finally decided we wanted has disappered offline, and off the shelves. Bummer. We'll figure something out, no hurry, considering I can't swim for a while anyway.

We came home after picking up the girls and everyone was so tired it was bed time! I was hoping to start watching Nurse Jackie last night, I rented it from Netflix and I have the whole first season on DVD, but it'll have to wait until another day. After a crappy morning, it turned out to be a nice birthday after all. I just wish Dustin had more time off work this week, he worked 11 days in a row, over 30 hours of overtime in addition to his regular hours. He even got called in on his day off for 2 hours, at 4am. We were not happy campers about it, but what can you do? I am just glad we got to spend a little time together before our son finally decides to arrive. Any day now, or so they tell me.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! Glad you were able to get out for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete