The Smith's

The Smith's

July 20, 2010

Still No Baby

Today, I am 39 weeks 2 days pregnant, and showing no sign of meeting this baby anytime soon. My last doctor appointment was unnerving, to say the least. After checking the heartbeat, the doctor was concerned the baby may be breech because of how high she found his heartbeat. After checking, she confirmed he's head down, he's just not down where he needs to be. She checked my cervix and I have started dialating, I'm 1 centimeter, finally, something is better than nothing.

The problem still remains, he is very, very high. He's sitting under my ribs, it's hard to eat, breathe, even sleep. If he doesn't drop, we may have to check into other options. My ultimate goal is to have a natural, drug free labor and birth, I pray every day this will still be possible. I don't want another induction like I had with Laila, and the last thing I want is a c-section. Despite the pain and struggle I will endure to have a drug free labor, it's worth it to me to not have the epidural. I am scared I will have to be induced, I am going to beg the doctor to let me do this on my own, I'm trying everything I can think of.

I'm sitting here tonight, Kenadi's asleep on my lap, and I find it hard to believe she's not going to be the baby anymore. I struggled with the same thing when she was born, Laila grew up so fast when Kenadi was born, I hope Kenadi stays free spirited and care free. Laila and I were talking the other day and she told me she's going to help me as much as she can after school, she doesn't know what I'm going to do without her during the day though. It was so sweet, yet so sad. She's not even 5 years old and I'm afraid I lean on her too much, maybe I'm too hard on her, maybe I expect too much. Kenadi's found a baby she loves and carries around the house, feeding her, burping her, and shushing her when she cries. I love seeing her interact with the baby, and I can't wait for her to meet her little brother. But on second thought, he may just have to stay in there a little longer, I'm still enjoying my 2 baby girls.

1 comment:

  1. It'll happen Joli. My last OB appointment with Jerimiah I hadn't made ANY progress (dialation or anything) and he said "see ya next week" and that he didn't think he was coming out any time soon. I BALLED when I got home...he was born 5 days later!

    It'll happen Joli! I think it's GREAT that Lalia wants to help! She is such an amazing little girl! Can't wait to hear when he's FINALLY made his appearance! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete