The Smith's

The Smith's

July 06, 2010

37 weeks 2 days

I am 37 weeks 2 days pregnant, and I feel like I might just not make it any longer. No, I'm not going to have this baby anytime soon, but I might wilt away to nothing if I don't stop getting sick! I have spent another entire day worshiping the porcelain throne, not my my idea of a good time.

Thank goodness for the television, without it, I doubt I would have lasted through today! I rarely let the girls watch tv, maybe an hour at most per day on a good day, but I think it's been on all afternoon and evening. Dustin has to work from 2pm-2am, 4 extra hours on top of the 8 he was already scheduled, and I think I'm running out of steam. Thank goodness it's 8pm and the girls will be asleep before the end of the next hour.

One perk to being pregnant, I can't reach my feet anymore, so Friday I'm going to get one final pedi before baby arrives! I hope it's a good one, there's a new place I heard about and I plan on getting the works! I have been so worried about preparing for Dustin Jr. and taking care of last minute things for Laila and Kenadi, I have totally neglected taking care of myself. Thankfully, Laila has no issues with touching my feet for me, and she's doing her best to work on my heels right now as I type this. What a great kid.

My doctor is out of town this week and wont be back until Monday, but she's so booked up since she's only in the office twice a week that I have to wait until next Thursday to hear whether or not I've made any progress. I'm considering not even having her check, I would hate to hear bad news, and I refuse to get my hopes up even if I get good news. I walked around 3cm dialated with Laila for nearly a month and ended up getting induced 3 days after my "due date". Kenadi was born 5 days after my "due date" with her, so I'm just praying I'm home in time for the girls first day of school on August 2. I can't believe Laila is starting kindergarten. I'm going to be a mess, I just know it.

Tonight Kenadi did one of the cutest things. When she goes to bed at night or for a nap, we call it "mi-mi", thanks to Mariela. It's been that for months, and we all think it's cute. Kenadi was reading a book about opposites and she found a dog asleep and a dog awake, so she brought me the book and showed me the sleeping dog and said "mi-mi mommy!!" It was so sweet, I tried smooching her face right off. Laila and I clapped for her and congratulated her on making the connection. Now, if only she'd start talking more we'd really be in business! Preschool, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment