The Smith's

The Smith's

July 24, 2010

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is a very important day-the baby is due! I can't believe how fast and how slow this nine months has gone, it's been a roller coaster, that's for sure. Still, no sign he's ready to come out. So, in that case, bring on the crazies!!

I have had my fair share of strange people and strange questions this pregnancy, nothing like I've ever dealt with before. With the girls, no one ever just randomly touched my belly, thank goodness, but this pregnancy has been very different. Walking through Sam's club this past week with Dustin, an old lady passing out samples of garlic bread and pasta sauce called to me from literally a few aisles away. She begged me to come try her sample, (which I never even got to try) and when I approached her, I knew it was too late. She took her glove off and before I could say no asked me if she could rub my belly for good luck, she said she was going to bingo! She mentioned that the day before had been her birthday and she did pretty well, and she'd like to keep the winning streak going. How rubbing a stranger's belly is any help is beyond me, but I think if there's any truth to the matter, she should have shared her winnings. Too bad when I went back the next day I didn't see her.

I also went to Subway this past week and had the girl behind the counter look at me like I was the plague. She wouldn't even hand me my bag of sandwiches, she slid it across the counter and wouldn't take her eyes off my belly. I answered all her questions, telling her we're having a boy, his name-which she approved of, lucky me!!-and then she asked me if I was scared. I told her no, I had 2 other girls at home and this would just add another knotch to my belt, and she had the strangest reply: "Oh, wow, because you should be!" How do you answer something like that? I just thanked her and walked out.

This sure hasn't been my time to be pregnant. It's very, very hot in Arizona, obviously, and being pregnant and carrying an extra 20+ pounds of weight is no picnic-neither is grocery shopping. I was checking out at Fry's with a cart full of groceries and the larger woman with a fan in her hand sweating in line behind me looked me over and said, "I'd DIE if I had to be pregnant in this heat!" Wow, thanks lady, I appreciate your support for a healthy pregnancy. After picking my jaw up off the floor, I just smiled and went on about my way. Sure, the comebacks were running through my head, but I just don't see the point in being as rude to people as they are to you. It makes me feel bad and grouchy afterwards, so I just let it go. Lucky for her she's not pregnant, I don't think her husband would have wanted her to die, and with my track record of being overdue, she surely would have croaked by now.

Monday is my next doctor's appointment, she plans on stripping my membranes. Here's to hoping she doesn't get kicked in the face when she does. I can't wait to meet our son! Thanks, everyone, for the labor wishes, I will keep everyone updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment