The Smith's

The Smith's

July 01, 2010

Sick

Last night Dustin started feeling sick around 10pm, and from then on it just got worse. He turned his video game off around 11pm and decided to lay down for bed, normal time for me, about 3 hours early for him. Within just a few minutes he was up and in the bathroom, and I was up waiting outside the door with a wet towel and a bottle of water. I knew it was going to be a long night, and sometimes I wonder which is harder, taking care of a child, or your husband. Seeing him sick breaks my heart, he's my hero. Seeing him weak and helpless made me feel weak and helpless, and ultimately sad.

After not even being able to keep down a sip of gatorade, I think we've made some progress. The trips to the bathroom have slowed and Dustin was able to catch a few zzz's. I know I was awake on and off until nearly 5:30am, which means he was up until then, and all the time in between. The girls woke me this morning around 8am, and I've been running on fumes since. I have been trying to keep busy and keep in motion, I have washed dishes, done 2 loads of laundry, made breakfast and lunch, and visited with a friend. Now, I am babysitting for about a half hour and hoping Kenadi stays down for her nap long enough that I can sqeeze a few minutes of sleep in myself. Dustin has called in for tonight, and I told him to rest now, he needs it. He is concerned about losing a day off after the baby arrives, but I'd rather him be well and have to go back to work a day early than be seriously ill and not be able to help care for me, the baby, and the girls once I do deliver. Keep your fingers crossed that we all make it through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment