The Smith's

The Smith's

June 29, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday, I fell in love all over again.


Let me explain.

Dustin is still on midnights, and every other Sunday he works 6pm-2am, landing him in bed shortly before 3am. I had a doctor appointment scheduled at 10:45am in Chandler, and I needed gas beforehand. He woke up after just a few hours of sleep and filled my car with gas for me, and took me to my doctor appointment without even one complaint. Some days he's just too good to me.

At the doctor, I refused to even let her check me this time. I knew there would be no good news, other than the fact that I've gained no weight in the last month or so. I've put on the least amount of weight in this pregnancy out of all 3, just under 20 pounds. I had preeclampsia with Laila and gained over 30 pounds in water weight in just the last month, and Kenadi was so big I don't think there was much avoiding it. She did say, though, she is guessing high 8's low 9's, which is what I expected with Kenadi being 9lb 6.5oz, hopefully he's not as big as she was! We talked a bit about pain management, and I've opted to go drug free again as long as I can stand it, Kenadi's birth was amazing with no epidural, and I'd like to be awake and alert through Dustin's birth as well. We decided the only way I would do a c-section is emergency, or if the baby is over 10lb. which she mentioned, even then, is possible without. She will be out of town for the next week, so my appointment has been scheduled for July 15 (the day before my birthday), and she said she feels no concern waiting that long to see me again, she's certain I'll still be pregnant. Lucky me!

After my appointment, Dustin took the girls and I out to a delicious lunch at Olive Garden! The girls were a little less than well behaved, but they ate so good I couldn't really complain. This is where my heart melted, and I knew I made the best decision of my life when I married this man. Sitting in the parking lot before going inside, an elderly couple slowly walked to the door, and they were holding hands. It brought tears to my eyes, seeing love that has lasted. Before I mentioned anything, Dustin pointed them out to me and told me how sweet it was to see two people so old still care for each other. I want to be that one day, and I know he does too.

After a few more errands, we came home and took a nap, it was short, but it was sweet! Kenadi napped and Laila watched tv, and I couldn't stand keeping my eyes open anymore! We had dinner, and headed to Wal*Mart for a few things. Let me just tell you how much I hate that store, it smells, and it's always crowded. I did manage to snag some good deals though, and I found the second love of my life in the ice cream aisle (thanks, Mariela!!). 

I bought 3 containers of Dove Unconditional Chocolate, don't get me wrong, if they had more in stock, I would have bought them too! I picked up all they had and can't wait to open one tonight! On my way down the ice cream aisle, I found something I never knew existed, Blue Bunny now makes an ice cream sandwich that's worth every penny! It's a vanilla cookie on the outside and...wait for it...cake batter ice cream on the inside! Holy wow! Who knew? It ranks right up there with Dove, not that I ever need a break from chocolate, but if I did, this is a good way to get it. We all sampled them last night, and they were tasty to say the least.

Now, the countdowns begin. So many things to look forward to coming up, I can't possibly let this pregnancy get in the way! I might be a bit too old for this, but my birthday is in just 17 days, and I'm due in 26. The girls start school on August 2, and that's just the beginning! Birthdays for the kids are coming up, and a much awaited visit from my sister a few months from now! The second half of the year is always busy for us, so when July approaches and I wonder where the time went, I feel like I blink and it's January again! Time flies when you're having fun, and I plan to enjoy every minute of this life, having plenty of fun along the way.

1 comment: