The Smith's

The Smith's

June 10, 2010

Shower

Saturday was my baby shower, and it was better than I ever could have expected! I sure have some pretty great friends, and I doubt I give them enough credit half the time. I honestly didn't even have to lift a finger. Mariela and Josie spent days preparing the food, games, and decorations for my wonderful day, and Elvira made the most adorable cake and cupcakes! Everything was delicious and turned out absolutely perfect!

The turn out was fantastic, a dozen people showed up! I couldn't believe it! We ate lots of food, played some fun games, and opened gifts. Mariela and Josie came up with some pretty silly ideas for games, though my favorite was seeing how big everyone thought my tummy was! There was not one person who guessed too small, and some had a good 6 inches left over at the end! Not exactly flattering, but funny! I guess I look as big as I feel!

I am so thankful for everyone's thoughtfulness, I received many wonderful gifts and advice! Diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, and a bunch of things in between. I even got a few gift cards to go toward the baby's car seat! How exciting! Laila was kind enough to help me open my gifts, or rather, open them for me. That stinker can't stand anyone being in the spotlight but her. She did help clean up the mess though, so I can't complain!

Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves, I know I had a great time! My thanks go out to Mariela, Josie, Elvira, and everyone else who came and lended a helping hand at the last minute! It's great to know I have friends who care! I have only been in this city for 2 years, and the mom's group has been going for a year now, but some of these friendships will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment