The Smith's

The Smith's

June 27, 2010

Slippin' Away

Sum 41

I'm slippin' away
In every way
I can't stay (and I don't know why) awake
I'm slippin' (and I don't know why) away
I'm trying to make it through each day
I'm fallin apart now in every way

I'm findin' it harder to get by
Theres a hole in my heart
And, I dont know why
Now I've come to realize

I'm slippin' away
Today I feel exactly like this, like I'm slippin' away and no one is ever going to notice. Everyone is so preoccupied with the baby, the girls, whatever-but I'm on the back burner, always. I'm tired, exhausted even, and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I seem to have forgotten my flashlight and I can't see a damn thing. The light inside me is slowly fading, I'm afraid one day it may just burn out all together. I feel absolutely lost, something is just missing and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I feel like there is a hole in my heart, a void that isn't filled, and I don't even know where to begin to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't forgotten about you! You're doing great, although I have NO idea how you do it, Mom of 2 while growing another! WHEW! Hang in there Joli, there WILL be a light at the end of the tunnel soon!

    ReplyDelete