The Smith's

The Smith's

June 25, 2010

Oh Boy!

Today has been one of the most exhausting days of my life, and I barely did anything! I got up around 8:20am as usual, fed the girls breakfast, showered, and decided sitting around in a clean pair of pajamas wasn't going to cut it today. I loaded Kenadi up and went grocery shopping, why, I'm still not sure. It sounded like a good idea at the time, but it wore me out! I did pretty well with my grocery shopping though, my goal is to spend no more than $50 a week in groceries (I shop for 2 weeks at a time, so $100 is my goal to feed 4 people), this is for fresh meat, fruit, and any stocking I need to do for my pantry. I was armed with coupons and a sales ad, but I still went over by $30. I had a feeling that might happen, I took advantage of a few deals that only happen once in a blue moon, like Gatorade for $.49 (I bought 15), and I bought a few things for a party tomorrow night I wouldn't normally purchase. Still, I think I'm doing pretty well and I'm getting the hang of this coupon business! I saved over $85 on in-store savings, and another $20+ in coupons (thank heavens Fry's makes all manufactur coupons $1). I think Fry's prices are a bit high, but with the $.10 off per gallon fuel rewards I accumulate it's worth it considering Dustin fills up once every week and a half, every penny counts! I think back to the days when Laila was little, and I could blow through $200-250 every two weeks buying whatever we wanted and never think anything of it. It's wild what having a family and staying home will do to your budget! I'm missing out on a full time job's pay, but what I save in coupons and sales makes it all possible. I'll keep working, with family member #5 arriving soon, I've got to pinch more pennies!

After I brought all the groceries in the house and put them away, I was starving and tired. Dustin woke up just in time for lunch, so I made his lunch, made his dinner for work, fed the girls, started a load of laundry, and filled the dishwasher. Did I mention I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies, too? I figured if I just kept busy I'd keep from passing out, now, I'm almost regretting it. I saw Dustin off to work, made dinner and ate with the girls, and took them to Pacana Park for popsicles with friends. It's always nice to see everyone, but not to hear how tired I look all the time. Yes, I am tired, for crying out loud I'm raising 2 children full time and I'm growing another one inside of me! I think with one month to go I have every right to be tired, especially when at 8pm the thermostat in my car still reads over 100 degrees. I'm wiped out!

Speaking of being pregnant, does anyone know what today is? Yes, it's June 25, but it's also ONE MONTH away from my due date! I can't believe time has flown like it has, though I still feel like it's going to take forever to meet my son. The baby's room is all painted, I am going to wash the bedding this week, and finish decorating! I put a couple shelves up on the wall, we need to get the changing table painted and stocked up, and we'll be good to go! I have about a dozen packs of diapers stocked up to get me started, and plenty of clothes to last me until he's a year old! I feel like I'm missing something, I feel the need to buy things, but I can't think of anything else I need! I even purchased brand new bottles and let Kenadi throw out all her old ones. I'm just anxious, before I know it he'll be here and I'll be wondering what to do with myself, but until then, I'll continue to wonder what to do with myself, and just wait to meet him.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! No wonder why you're all tired, you were the energizer bunny today. It's ok to not try to be super woman! ONE MONTH! That's amazing, time flies (when I'm not you)! PLEASE call me if you ever need to talk, I'm here. You are an amazing Mom but don't forget about you! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete