The Smith's

The Smith's

June 13, 2010

Fuzzy Socks

Today, I woke up sick as can be. I was thinking the "morning sickness" phase of this pregnancy was over, boy, was I wrong! I have been sick since 6 am, and I think my stomach may have finally settled down enough for me to relax.

This morning I had plans to enjoy a nice breakfast at Cara's and pick up the stroller I posted about last night. Well, only part of that happened. I picked up the stroller, but I didn't enjoy a nice breakfast, but I spent 2 hours sick at her house while the girls played with her kids. She was kind enough to offer to keep Laila for a few hours so I could go home and rest, and rest is exactly what I planned to do! Between vomiting sessions, I did manage to get some sleep.

Dustin stayed home and took care of Kenadi this afternoon and let me get some rest, and Mariela picked Laila up for me from Cara's. She stopped and picked up lunch for Dustin and Kenadi to share, and came in here like a whirlwind! I have never seen one person clean so fast in my entire life! She cleaned EVERYTHING, the counters, stove, the floors even, and managed to mak the girls dinner and clean up from that too! I don't know how she does it, she's one amazing woman. There are not enough words to thank her for helping take care of things for me after Dustin left for work tonight, and she even took care of me. Mariela, if you're reading this, I can't thank you enough, you are phenomenal.

After Mariela left, I took a bath with the girls. I am willing to try anything at this point to relax and settle down. The bath was okay, I still feel a bit nauseated, but I'm keeping it down for now. As I was getting dressed, I found a pair of soft, fluffy, comfy, fuzzy socks in my drawer. I have never worn them, but they just looked so inviting, I had to try them on. Everyone needs a pair of fuzzy socks, right? Mariela bought them for me a few months ago, and I forgot they were there, but tonight seemed like the perfect time to slip into them and snuggle up on the couch. Now, my feet are warm and cozy, the girls are sound asleep, and I am ready for bed. My house is clean, and I am going to take a sleeping pill and pray for the best. Dustin should be home soon and tomorrow is a new day.

Thank you, everyone, who helped me out today!

No comments:

Post a Comment