The Smith's

The Smith's

June 12, 2010

42 days


Today, I ordered Dustin Jr.'s car seat! I am so excited, every day it seems more real that he will soon be arriving and in my arms. I have tried to convince myself I'm not counting down the days, but really, I am. According to my "due date", I have 42 days until he is scheduled to arrive. Now, I know this can mean absolutely nothing, but it's nice to have a ballpark range to know when I should be expecting him! Everything seems to be going right on track, and with my history, I'll be lucky if he makes it out before August.

My friend, Cara, just happens to have the stroller I've been drooling over since I found out about baby #3, and since her children are outgrowing it, she's going to sell it to me! I am so excited, it's a win-win situation! She gets it out of her garage and makes a few bucks, and I get a killer deal and the stroller I really want! It's a double stroller with seats that are turn able! I can turn either seat forward or backward at any time, and any car sat will fit in it!


The best part, it's red, which is unisex enough to push a boy and girl around at the same time. As long as I continue to put Kenadi in dresses and the baby in blue, I'm sure we'll have no problems. I was also able to find a car seat to match pretty closely to the colors of the stroller, which was equally exciting! I had planned on buying a car seat and double stroller combo in blue, but it would have totaled close to $300, way out of my league, but with gift cards and the deal Cara is giving me, I will spend no more than $100 out of pocket. It's unisex, comes with a base for my car, and has all great reviews. I just hope this lil man doesn't outgrow this seat as fast as Kenadi outgrew hers, I want to make this one last as long as I can!
One day, my prince will come. It may not be 42 days away, like the calendar says, but I know it'll be worth the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment