The Smith's

The Smith's

February 02, 2010

25 Things

So I found this note, something I have completed once before, but decided to do again. It's 25 random things about me. Just bored enough to fill it out.

1) I was named after my mom's parents, the first two letters of each of their names combined makes mine. Joseph + Lillian = Joli

2) I have been a bookworm ever since I can remember. Once, in elementary school, I even won an award for the most books read out of the entire school from Book It!

3) I cuss like a sailor, but have taught my kids it's a terrible thing to do. I'm such a hypocrite.

4) I still sleep with a stuffed animal. I've had it for over 15 years, and can probably count on one hand the number of times I've spent the night without it.

5) I hate feet.

6) I was in an abusive relationship with my ex-husband, and have promised myself to this day to never, ever let another human being lay their hands on me without serious repercussion.

7) I always wanted to take dance classes when I was little, but never had the nerve to ask my parents.

8) I hate it here in AZ, but I feel more at home here than I have anywhere since I was a little kid.

9) There are days I wonder who the hell I am, and how on earth I ended up in this life. This was never supposed to be me.

10) I love seafood. It makes me terribly sick to eat it, but I just can't help myself.

11) I want to finish college, get some sort of degree, but I honestly have no idea what I would ever want to do with my life.

12) I truly, with all my heart and soul, think Riley's mom is a piece of trash and I wish she'd realize it before it's too late. She has made things so miserable for us, it's easier not to have her in our lives at all.

13) I am terrified of needles, shots, and getting my blood drawn. Yet I can sit through a tattoo with no problem.

14) I hate people that are fake, lie, and cheat. At some point in my life, I have been all 3 of those. No wonder I don't like myself.

15) I have, hands down, the 2 most beautiful little girls on the planet. I thank God for them every day. And baby #3, I can't wait to meet you, too.

16) I love to watch movies, but it's been years since I've stepped foot in a cinema. I think they're overpriced and a breeding dish for germs, germs, and more germs.

17) I discriminate against green skittles. I will sit down and eat a whole pack, and pick out the red and green ones. The red, I eat last. The green, those get fed to the garbage can.

18) I love a nice glass of wine, or a bottle of Miller Lite, but I rarely get drunk. I find it much more amusing to be the sober one.

19) I love listening to music, and I feel when I listen to music I know my mom liked, it brings us closer together. I never want to lose the memory of her.

20) I have a husband who loves me unconditionally. I will spend the rest of my life showing him I love him just the same.

21) I think my family has a very skewed vision of who I am, and I am hurt that no one will take the time to get to know me for who I am, not just consider me "my father's daughter".

22) One of our 2 cars will be paid off in less than a year. I will feel much closer to financial freedom once I no longer have that payment to make every month.

23) My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. I have read every one of her books, except for one. I hope someday to be able to meet her, and to tell her how her novels have been my escape through some of the toughest times in my life.

24) I am afraid of clowns, spiders, and the dentist. I also don't like being up high unless I'm secured in place.

25) I've realized, after filling this out, my life is not nearly as important as I thought. I hope this didn't put everyone to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment