The Smith's

The Smith's

February 10, 2010

Catch-up

Tuesday Laila had her very first dentist appointment! I am not sure which one of us was more nervous, her or me. Dustin, Laila, Kenadi and I all went to the dentist together. I left my camera at home, but it would have made no difference if I had brought it. I hyped up her trip to the dentist so much, she was super excited to go. The office is set up to look like a pirate ship, there's a pirate, toys, even a fish tank built right into the wall, and the whole place is painted to look like a ship and the water off the shore. Pretty neat. As soon as they called her name, I was sure she was going to ask me to go with her. Boy, was I wrong! She completely melted down, crying, shaking, and wanted ONLY her daddy. My heart was broken, smashed into a million tiny pieces. He carried her back there, kicking and screaming, and left me and Kenadi alone to wait. After about 35 minutes, they emerged from the back, Laila had a new tooth brush and a bright green diamond shaped ring, all smiles. Dustin, poor guy, looked like he had been through the ringer. He said she screamed and cried so hard, they had to do a "knee to knee" exam. He held Laila on his lap face to face, and sat knee to knee with the dentist. They leaned Laila backwards and he examined her teeth that way. Good news is, no cavaties! Her teeth and gums look great, and she nas nice spacing for when her adult teeth come in. He did say she grinds her front teeth a little at night, but nothing to be alarmed about since she doesn't complain about her mouth or head hurting. I'm so proud of my angel!

Another big thing that happened this week was the baby moved and I finally felt it! I was so pleased! I have had minimal doctor care (by choice) and waiting in between appointments to hear good news can be frustrating at times. I have heard the baby's heartbeat once, and won't even schedule my ultrasound until my next appointment on Monday. I have opted for no screening or testing to be done, and I chose the same things for Laila and Kenadi during those pregnancies as well. I like to let my body sort of lead the way, and when I finally felt the baby move, I was estatic! I have felt the baby a few other times too, and each time it makes me giggle. I am carrying super high this time, so I was surprised to feel the baby kicking so low, but as long as the baby is healthy, it can kick me anytime it wants. We are desperate to find out if this is a boy, or another girl. We have names picked out for both, I just need to get a head start on things if this happens, by some miracle, to be a boy. I have 2 girl bedrooms, boxes and boxes of girl clothes, and everything in between is pink and frilly. =) I'm definitally prepared if this is a girl, though!

Things otherwise have been decent, Dustin's had no overtime this pay period, so we've spend a lot of time at home, or doing cheap/free things around town, or even at home. February is always the worst month for us, but after the next month or two passes, things will be fine again. I'm growing at a rapid speed, and so are the girls. Healthy, happy, and gorgeous. My family is phenomenal, and I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment