The Smith's

The Smith's

February 27, 2010

Daily grind

I feel like I should be blogging. I feel the need to sit here, type, and occupy my brain, but nothing is coming to mind to write about. I wish I had something exicting to say, some great news to share, but just the daily grind comes to mind.

Dustin called off sick yesterday and stayed home, he had a pretty bad fever and slept almost all day, most of the night, and almost all day again today. I have a pretty bad ear ache, and a headache on and off all day today. Still, I managed to make a big breakfast, a tasty lunch, and I even baked stuffed shells with cheese, and chicken parm from scratch for Dustin to take to work. Dinner for the kids and I is in the oven, and I just saw Dustin off to work with a full lunch box and a kiss.

Laila is being her usual self today, getting under my skin at the worst possible moments. We did spend a nice afternoon together having lunch and watching America's Top Model, I'm an addict. It's shallow, the show makes me feel absolutely terrible about myself, yet I sit and watch these beautiful girls and think how they are wasting their lives by not having children and a home, but by just trying to be a pretty face.

Kenadi, my dear Kenadi, has graced me with an overabundance of #2 diapers today. Just my luck on a day I'm feeling exceptionally nauseas, she gets the hershey squirts. Such is life. She took a good nap today and is as full of it as ever. Just how I like it.

I took a look at my calendar for March, and I'm exhausted just reading everything we have scheduled! Out of the whole month, there's just a handful of days without work, doctor visits, a playdate, or some other kind of outing scheduled. I'm looking forward to keeping busy, as it helps the time go by faster in anticipation of meeting Dustin Jr. I went to Phoenix with a great friend yesterday, dragged her kids, mine, and one extra all to the thrift store and made out like a bandit! I purchased 60 items and spend just under $70! I was able to buy things for both the girls, a few books for me, and enough clothes to get the baby's closet ready for his arrival! I also picked out his carseat and stroller today online, I'm very excited to purchase it! I just hope the shower proves to be prosperous, we still need all the help we can get! It's like starting over completely!

I can smell dinner in the oven, it must be close to done. The girls are fighting in the bathroom, and the house is a mess. I better get on with life and pick up the pieces, because if I don't, no one else will...

1 comment:

  1. Aunty Joli...you are like superwoman to me! You do it all..with pain and a smile..but not always pain. I'm sure when the girls are enjoying dinner and between swallowing the last bite and getting ready to clean up the dishes that there is a moment in there when you take a deep breath and realize that that is what it is all about. Your family. I'm proud of you..like i've said a million times already...you are amazing. Believe it. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete