The Smith's

The Smith's

February 21, 2010

Spelling Bee

Laila is enjoying preschool and learning way more than I ever thought! Last night while Dustin was at work, we were chatting on Facebook (no surprise there) and Laila wanted to talk to her daddy. I told her she'd have to type herself. That little stinker, she got in front of the computer and typed all sorts of words to her daddy! I knew she was learning to read and sound out a few words, she's been able to write the alphabet for nearly a year, but spelling too? I must admit, I was beyond impressed. I know, I'm a little -ok, a lot- partial, because she's mine, but she's only 4 1/2 years old, and can easily spell 10+ words. No, they're nothing exciting, but to her, they're monumentous. She typed things like: cab, cat, dog, bed, dad, bad, moon, sun, and even her name, Laila Smith. I didn't help her spell any of them, and she was sounding them out and finding the letters herself on the keyboard! What a little spelling bee I have!

I am so proud, I had to share. =) That's all for now, this is just me being a proud mom. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment