The Smith's

The Smith's

March 04, 2010

This is going to be a short post today, but I'm bored, again (imagine that!) and need something to do while I wait for the time to pass. I'm sick today, I feel terrible-stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, headache...you get the idea. Being pregnant and sick is never a good combo, the baby takes what little energy I have left, and the girls get the crappy end of the stick. Well, I guess that depends on who you ask. Watching "Blue's Clues" and eating whatever they want all day probably sounds pretty good to a 4 year old right about now.

Yesterday we spent the day out and about as a family, and it sure felt good. There's a certain comforting feeling of just being with the ones you love, when it stops feeling like work and starts feeling like a good time. I love those days. We went to lunch at Chipotle, shopped a bit at Old Navy and Walmart, stopped and picked up some BoSa donuts, and made a trip out to the library. We had a great dinner at home together and enjoyed some of those tasty donuts for dessert.

Days like that make me so glad I have kids, they love me no matter what I'm wearing, how much money is in our bank account, what's in the pantry, or whether or not I'm wearing make-up. It's the most gratifying feeling knowing I'm doing my best, and my best is always more than enough for them.

1 comment:

  1. if your blog had a *like* button, i would click the hell out it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete