The Smith's

The Smith's

March 24, 2010

A Quickie

I have some catching up to do! I haven't posted anything about my shopping trip, or our adventure to feed the ducks today! Here's a quick recap.

Dustin had a few days off, which allowed me the time to go through some serious coupons and get things situated to save some serious money! I was able to save over $80 dollars at the grocery store and buy enough food to stock-pile my 2 garage shelves and feed our family of four for over two weeks! I even found a spectacular deal on diapers at Target. I was able to pick up 3 jumbo packs of Huggies diapers, 10 bottles of SoBe water, and 1 bottle each of Dove shampoo and conditioner for just under $15, and I also walked away with an extra $5.00 Target gift card I plan on using tomorrow!

Today we went to feed the ducks at one of the developments in our area that actually has fountains. The ducks didn't seem to hungry, but we still had fun! Laila and her little girl friends didn't care if the ducks were eating what they were throwing to them, and they looked cute as ever. We had lots of snacks and friends to keep us busy! We got to play in the grass, even if it was a bit crunchy! I am a horrible mom, and forgot the sun screen! Kenadi, Laila and I all got a little red on our shoulders and chests. Even the part in Kenadi's hair is sunburned!

Our playdates always seem to turn out so nice and cozy, not too many people and just the right amount of kids. There's never an over-abundance of girls or boys, and even some kids are the same age, which is fantastic! It seems as though Kenadi has found herself a little boyfriend already, and she's not even two! He's such a handsome little boy, I couldn't help but snap a photo when I saw them smoochin, it was too cute! They shared their food, drinks, and even some lovins! At least I know what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life! Sheesh!

When Dustin has a day or two off, we try to treat the kids with something special. Whether it's dessert, a day out, a special toy, we're never quite sure, but we try to make the most of it. We decided on a big ice cream sundae for the girls, and he sat and fed it to them (and even had some for himself too!) and they just loved it! They couldn't get it fast enough, but they shared so well! It was adorable. I'm seeing the differences and similarities they share, their personalities grow and change every day, it's amazing. I love being their mom!

I just want to post this last photo from today, it's a side by side of Laila and Kenadi. I can't believe how much they look alike! Dustin always jokes about Kenadi coming from the "post man", but I think after this there will be no more post man jokes! My sweet blonde babies!



Laila 4 1/2 yrs.
Kenadi 18 mo.



No comments:

Post a Comment