The Smith's

The Smith's

March 06, 2010

Proud

Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurt? It physically brough your body pain, tears to your eyes, because you have a love so deep for another human being? I have, and I do, I love my husband so much there are days I can hardly breathe. Today, I am so proud to be Dustin Smith's wife. He is one amazing man, and I wish I could walk to the end of my driveway and hold up a banner large enough for the world to see, just to let everyone know how much he means to me.



Sure, there are days when things aren't 110% perfect, there are days when a stinky sock left just outside the hamper is enough to push me over the edge, or the mere thought of having to cook one more meal is enough to cause me to go bald from ripping my hair out, but none of that matters in the long run. What matters is the love we have for each other, and how that love for each other has overflown our cups, and ran into the lives of our family and friends.



Dustin grew up in a single parent home, very poor and seeing his mom struggle to make ends meet. However, the lack of money hardly meant a lack of love. This background has made him the man he is today: hardworking, loving, caring, and determined. The list goes on, the attributes he brings to this relationship make me want to be a better woman, wife, and mother. Where I am lacking, he makes up for, I just hope he feels I do the same for him.



I am a stay at home mom, and without him, it would be impossible. His work ethic is impecable, I've seen him go in on days I wouldn't even dream of getting out of bed, just so I can have the best. No, we don't live in a mansion or have hired help, we don't have a lexus in our driveway or a rolex on each wrist, but what we do have he has earned. I'd rather live in a cardboard box, eating ramen and drinking powdered milk than live off of someone else's dollar. I would never dream of living off the government, my parents, or friends. We share an upbringing so strong, and share a pride above many others these days. When I say pride, I mean if it meant flipping burgers at Wendy's to pay the bills, he'd do it. I've seen him work 2 full time jobs right after one of our babies were born, to make sure she had diapers and formula. Missing time with the family is irreplacable, and he has given up more than his fair share as a sacrafice for others. He knows nothing but how to give, and it's admirable.


The adventures we have been through in this life seem to have just begun. We've taken some major steps together-marriage, buying a house, purchasing new cars, having children, and moving, but the little steps in between will never be forgotten. All his hard work, dedication, and love is more than enough to get me by. A paycheck is just a paycheck, money will come and go, but I know no matter what, he will stay. There are days when I feel I have no one, and I turn to my side and he is always standing there. Always.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I hope Dustin reads this...b/c it's one thing for you to think it..but another for him to read it and know it. I know the feelings you have...they are sacred. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete